2017 was the year of Domestic Travel for me. I got a new job in March which allowed me plenty of time to do some short trips (plus annual leave! Winning!). I kicked off with a four day getaway to see friends in Townsville followed by two five day trips to Perth, a week in Darwin and rung in the New Year back in Perth. with all those trips to the airport, I re-evaluated what I take with me (I didn’t check any bags this year), with the bulk of my things in my trusty Antler cabin case and all the things needed to keep my sanity on flights in my favourite Fossil tote. I wore almost the same thing on every flight too – black skinny jeans, cardigan & ballet flats.
Without further ado, the updated list of things I take to keep me sane…
- Cashmere Scarf. Airplanes can get cold, even in the Summer months. (Shown is the Cuyana scarf which I’d buy but postage to Australia is far too expensive to justify)
- L’Occitane Hand Cream. A friends mum got me addicted to this stuff and now I take it everywhere. The best stuff for my very dry and sensitive skin!
- Keep Cup. I spent 2017 doing my best to avoid paper coffee cups and at the airport was no exception for me! I love this one as you can close up the mouth piece and it doesn’t leak in you handbag!
- Kikki K travel wallet. I got this beautiful leather one as a gift to replace my (very) old and tatty canvas one and I’m in love! Plus it can be monogrammed!
- Kobo Glo. I bought this one a couple years ago to replace the one I left on a flight home from Copenhagen and it’s still going strong! I never board a flight without it!
- Leather Cable tidies. I found these at JB HiFi and bought a few more to give as gifts! I prefer these to the plastic ones I was using.
- Water Bottle. On a domestic flight I always carry a water bottle. There are plenty of places to refill it in most airports plus it saves money and cuts down on plastic bottles (my second battle after coffee cups)
- Fossil Emma Tote. I splurged and bought myself a new handbag to celebrate my new job and love it! Well made, durable, great size and at a good price (bonus- I got mine on sale!)
- Slip Eye Mask. I spotted this on a blog I love and thought I wouldn’t be able to buy it in Australia but how wrong I was! It’s made by an Australian Company!
- Urbanears Plattan headphones. I have had mine for a few years and still love them!
- Kikki K leather pouch. The Australian alternative to the Cuyana Travel pouch and it can also be monogrammed!
- NOT SHOWN- snacks. I always have some healthy(ish) snacks in my bag. Even if I don’t eat them, it’s nice to know they’re there.