I’ve reupholsted a few chairs, the first ones being very simple- stapling fabric to the bases and gluing them back down.
The hardest part about this chair was cutting the foam for the cushion.
The next chair I did was a little trickier- still not too difficult though. All I had to do with this one was remove the old fabric (it was a blue rose pattern), use that as a template for the new fabric, and then staple the new fabric to the chair.
I was really proud of how this chair turned out- it now lives in the corner of my room in front of the window
The next two chairs were the hardest. I bought them for $15 for the pair and it was a mission just getting them into the car!
One of them was more damaged than the other so I decided to fix it up and paint over the damage. I choose to paint it in the British Paints “grand turquoise” colour that I had leftover from the bedside table.
The other one was in near perfect condition so I chose to sand it back and re-vanish it.
The wood under the stain was a gorgeous colour! Next up was fabric choices! I went with a grey hexagon pattern for the turquoise chair and couldn’t decide on the wood one so I left it for several weeks before finding the yellow spot fabric on a clearance table!
The hardest part was making new slipcovers for the cushions. I unstitched the old ones and used the pieces as a template- allowing extra fabric around the edges and then took my time stitching it together.
I was much faster on the second chair covers!
I couldn’t be happier with the end results!
The turquoise chair lives in my living room and is my favourite spot to read in and probably the most fought over spot when I have friends/family around.
The yellow spot chair was sold to a lady at work for $50 and looks perfect in her living room- like it was always meant to be there!